July 23, 2009

Travel Makeup

You would think that a makeup junkie would carry a substantial travel makeup kit big enough to makeover the whole hotel but I'd like to think I am quite humble when it comes to traveling with makeup, that is, if vanity can be humbling. Hmmm.....

This is my usual travel bag - compact zebra, awesome cause it's easy to find in my luggage and I won't forget it upon checkout.




And this is all I use on a trip:
  • face moisturizer / spf
  • eye cream w/ spf
  • cream foundation w/ spf
  • cream concealer in 2 shades
  • blush & bronzer duo
  • mineralize skinfinish pressed powder
  • one quad of eyeshadow
  • black kohl eyeliner
  • black liquid eyeliner
  • eyelash curler
  • black mascara
  • tweezers
  • lipstick, gloss, and lipbalm (always in my bag or pocket)
  • makeup wipes
  • hair styling gel
  • hair elastics, minis and regs
  • solid perfume


The reason why I bring cream foundation is b/c it's super versatile. That's why pro artists love creams. If I wanted a sheer tinted moisturizer, I would mix my face lotion with some cream foundation, instead of bringing a separate tinted moisturizer bottle. Sometimes I only use the concealer and powder combo (contour and cover and then finish off with powder). Palette forms of anything is awesome for travel. The quad of eyeshadow is perfect because I can do simple daytime neutrals like below and smokey for evenings as well. I also never carry liquid perfumes anymore, solids are the way to go.


And the following brushes:
  • kabuki
  • bronzing
  • blush
  • foundation
  • (2) shaders
  • crease
  • blending



Fast, easy, simple.




That is my version of traveling with makeup. I'm curious to see yours too so post it up!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Hi there! Like the pale lip color!

July 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger steph said...

That's a great little travel kit. If I'm traveling by car, I always end up bringing WAY too much make-up. I should learn how to only bring the ESSENTIALS.

BTW, I am WORKING the make up you sent. Look for a post some time this week (if I can buy a camera today). =)

July 28, 2009 at 5:54 PM  
Anonymous Nini's Style said...

oh wow, your make up always look so amazing!!!! Can you do a video for tutorial?
xoxo
Nini

July 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM  
Blogger martine said...

love the eyeshadow color. so pretty!

August 1, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home